It’s the first Friday of the month so it must be time for a new challenge at Dragons Lair Designs. This month the theme is very relevant for the time of year, Hearts a Flutter. All the details you need for the challenge are at the end of this post.
Dragons Lair Designs – Summer Sunset Couple Digi Stamp
Dragons Lair Designs – Summer Sunset Decorated Paper
Dragons Lair Designs – Summer Sunset Digital Elements
Aged Mahogany Distress Ink
black sparkly ribbon
heart gift bag template (Craft Artist 2 software)
I recently treated myself to a laptop as my old desk top is starting to fail. The disadvantage of a new computer is getting used to a new system, from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is quite a leap, and having to load up my most used software. One of the programmes I installed is CraftArtist 2. Having installed it I checked it worked properly and discovered the pre installed templates, one of which was this little heart shaped gift bag, perfect for my sample for the challenge.
I do not often make something that is completely digital but this time decided to give it a go. I have taken a couple of the papers from the paper pack and used them to cover the two sides of the bag. On the front, as in the picture above, I added the digi stamp couple in the circle on the paper. On the back, as in the the picture below, I added a leafy swirl from the elements pack. Both of the added pictures have been given a drop shadow to try and give some dimension.
Finally I printed out the bag, cut it out and assembled it, running a length of black ribbon up one side, loosely over the top and then down the other side to make a little carry handle.
I am not sure yet what will go into the bag, I have lots of idea, but I expect I will decide by February 14th!
Now, as promised, here are the details of how to join in with the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge for this month.
We are an all levels crafters’ challenge blog – all winners are picked by Random to keep it fair for all levels. The prize for winning will be shown clearly on the challenge.
Winners will get a badge for their blog and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month.
Challenges are Monthly, starting the first Friday of each Month.
You may enter our challenge using any material you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme.
You may enter only once each month and you must link up with your direct link to the blog post showing your entry, and have a back link to the challenge blog showing on the blog post with your entry.
- Dragons Lair Designs Store – A fantastic range of digital downloads
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog – Bookmark us and come back regularly for inspiration
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog – Challenges starting the 1st Friday of every month with different themes, please come along and take part
- Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group – Even more inspiration, challenges, freebies and fun activities
- Dragons Lair Designs Facebook Page – Please do pop over and “Like” our page
- Dragons Lair Designs Etsy Store – Another location to get hold of our range of digital downloads
- Janette Padley’s Creations on craftsUprint – Yet another location to get hold of our digital downloads
- Dragons Lair Designs Crafts Group – selling buttons and bits and bobs
Thank you for dropping by. Take care.