The November challenge starts today over at Dragons Lair Designs and this month is a picture inspiration.
I have taken inspiration for my card from the colours.
Dragons Lair Designs – Plums
8 inch square card blank
tea dye distress ink and applicator
cream, mustard and mottled designer papers
X-Press It card
small acrylic sentiment stamp and acrylic block
black archival ink pad
The plums image has been printed out on X-Press It card at the correct size to fit the card blank and then coloured with Copics.
I used the distress ink and a foam wedge to dab in the background then went around the edges using a brush. I also used the ink and brush to edge the card blank with.
Various designer papers have been used to mat and layer the image and the sentiment stamped in the corner.
I was trying to get a more vintage card that would be suitable for male or female and I think I have succeeded to do that.
The Dragons Lair challenge runs until the end of the month so you have plenty of time to get an entry in, so why not head on over and join in the fun. You will find inspiration from my team mates over there as well and I am sure they would appreciate a visit to their personal blogs. There’s a prize of a voucher to spend in the Dragons Lair Designs store for a winner who’ll be chosen by a random number generator.
You do not have to use a Dragons Lair Design to enter but it would be lovely if you did. There are lots of goodies to discover at the store to get you going. Here are some useful links for you.
- Dragons Lair Designs Store– A fantastic range of digital downloads
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog– Bookmark us and come back regularly for inspiration
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog– Challenges starting the 1st Friday of every month with different themes, please come along and take part
- Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group– Even more inspiration, challenges, freebies and fun activities
- Dragons Lair Designs Facebook Page– Please do pop over and “Like” our page
- Dragons Lair Designs Etsy Store – Another location to get hold of our range of digital downloads
- Janette Padley’s Creations on craftsUprint– Yet another location to get hold of our digital downloads
- Dragons Lair Designs Crafts Group– selling buttons and bits and bobs
We’d love to have you join us in our Fan Group and post up some pictures of any creations you make using any DLD items.
Thanks for visiting. Take care.