Time for the start of a new monthly challenge at Dragons Lair Designs. This month the theme is ‘One For The Men’. I managed to find a couple of pirate themed set to use.
Dragons Lair Designs – Billy’s Dress Up Pirate
Dragons Lair Designs – Walking The Plank Mini Kit
pirate map acrylic stamp
birthday greeting and Ahoy acrylic stamps
metal ship charm
X-Press It card
5inch square card blank folded to make an easel card
From the Walking the Plank kit I used the double frame and two of the papers.
Billy has been resized to fit the larger of the two frames, coloured with Copics and fussy cut. The Pirate Map was stamped onto the lighter paper and coloured with pencils before being attached behind the smaller frame. It took a bit of careful measureing and cutting but I did manage to back the frames without the problem of overlap!
The card blank has been lined with the darker of the papers. I used a spare snippet of the lighter paper to make up the card stopper.
The challenge runs until the end of June so why not give it a go, you could win a prize! There are lots of ideas on the blog and Facebook page and plenty of kits to choose from in the shop. All the relevant links are below.
Thank you for visiting today. Take care.
Why not visit some of the other areas in the Dragons Lair Designs family of sites?
- Dragons Lair Designs Store – A fantastic range of digital downloads
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog – Bookmark us and come back regularly for inspiration
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog – Challenges starting the 1st Friday of every month with different themes, please come along and take part
- Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group – Even more inspiration, challenges, freebies and fun activities
- Dragons Lair Designs Facebook Page – Please do pop over and “Like” our page
- Dragons Lair Designs Etsy Store – Another location to get hold of our range of digital downloads
- Janette Padley’s Creations on craftsUprint – Yet another location to get hold of our digital downloads
- Dragons Lair Designs Crafts Group – selling buttons and bits and bobs
I would like to enter my card in to the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create #178 – Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #21 – Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks #11 – Anything Goes
Cards Calore Encore #June – Anything Goes
Creative Ladybirds Creations #16 – Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #34 – Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart #114 – Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge #314 – Anything Goes
Our Crafty Corner 9 – Anything Goes
Addicted To Stamps And More Challenge #196 – Anything Goes
Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge #280 – Anything Goes