This year is turning out to be one of new beginnings in many ways. The resurrecting of the blog started it, then there has been Pixie’s Snippets Challenge. Now I think I shall be really brave and try my hand at the Clarity Stamp Challenge.
Just to make it more difficult for myself I have got out my Gelli Plate. I am still new at all this so please be gentle with any comments.
Ok, here goes. Firstly I apologise that there are no photos of the various stages but acrylic paint dries very quickly, as I am discovering, and then I got so engrossed in what I was trying to do that I forgot to take any!
The theme for this month’s challenge is ‘New Beginnings’. Looking at the art work already submitted and the ideas from the design team there are a lot of new home, new baby, wedding ideas so I thought I would go a bit obscure and do Spring. Having decided that the rest evolved as I got going. I did make one change in that my original plan was to do an ATC but I was not sure if this was allowed so mounted the ATC onto a bigger background and made it a card.
|The Gelli Plate print background|
So here is what I did. First the Gelli Plate print background was made using a 6 x 6 Gelli Plate, Clarity Leafy Swirls template, green, yellow, white and blue acrylic paint and a piece of the Clarity card made for the Gelli Plate. I am still in the experimental stage with my Gelli Plate and I think I may have let the paint dry a bit too much but the resulting print was very subtle and I liked it so decided to stick with it.
I trimmed down the print to leave a narrow white border then rounded the corners. To remove the white border I blended it with Adirondak Mushroom which is the nearest colour I have to the brown of the Kraft Card. This was then mounted onto a card blank with rounded corners.
|My favourite part showing the blended edge|
Next I made the ATC. I stamped a Clarity bare tree with Adirondak Rust slightly to the left of the middle of the card then put in the green hills and blue sky using Adirondak Lettuce and Stonewashed, a stencil brush and a piece of torn paper. It gives a much gentler colour wash than the brayer, more spring like. The blossom on the tree is done with Spectrum Noir pens PP3 and PP4. The ATC was then mounted onto a piece of kraft card with a narrow border. This was attached to the card blank on the left before I used the Clarity Letter Box Kit and Adirondak Rust to stamp ‘spring’ straight onto the card front – a bit brave there!
So there you have it, sorry it has turned into an essay! It would have been so much less wordy with photos, maybe next time!
I guess I should show you the finished card. Hope you like it.
|First attempt at the Clarity challenge|
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Take care and God bless. Pippa.